Project: Cold cutting of horizontal flange inside a separator tank.
Installation: Troll A, Norwegian Continental Shelf.
Scope: Cutting of horizontal flange.
- 10 mm stainless steel with a total cutting length of 9 metres.
- The flange is circular and only 60 mm from the wall of the tank.
- Tolerance: +/- 1 mm.
The use of a “small” pneumatic diamond wire saw and a specially designed jig guiding the wire with great precision along the wall of the tank.
- Using diamond wire for cutting provides outstanding flexibility and scope for adaptation.
- Highly suitable for cutting constructions with restricted access.
- The machine is remotely operated at a safe distance from rotating tools, noise and vibrations.
- Good HSE factors and ergonomics.