What does Beerenberg look for in a candidate?
- You must hold a Norwegian trade certificate in an ISS discipline.
- You will also be considered if you have passed the theory part of the apprenticeship examination.
- Beerenberg is also seeking multi-skilled personnel. E.g. if you already hold a trade certificate in industrial painting, taking the “Paragraph 17-1” scaffolding course would make you an even more desirable candidate.
If I have already passed my theory test, can Beerenberg help me complete the apprenticeship examination?
- If you are offered a job with Beerenberg, we will help you complete the process.
Can extensive experience make up for the lack of a trade certificate?
- Unfortunately not.
- Beerenberg advises candidates to register for the theory test, which is held twice a year in June and December. Follow this link: www.privatistweb.no. We also recommend visiting www.udir.no, which contains most of the information you will need about theory tests and trade certificates.
- Once you have passed the theory test you will be able to apply for a job with us, provided you have at least four years' relevant work experience. Your work experience must be documented in the form of references.
In order to work offshore, you will need:
- A valid offshore medical certificate. Since January 2014 you can only obtain an offshore medical certificate from an authorised “petroleum doctor”. Contact your GP if you have any questions.
- Valid GSK basic safety training. If you have not yet taken the GSK course, Beerenberg may arrange for you to enrol on the course and deduct the course fee from your salary payments.
- Fall protection training. If you have not yet undertaken fall protection training, Beerenberg may arrange for you to attend a course either onshore before departure or offshore. We advise applicants to complete a fall protection course before applying for a job with us.
How do I apply for a job at Beerenberg?
- Applications must be submitted via our website www.beerenberg.com/jobb.
- Applications must be submitted electronically, not by email or post.
Can I just send you my CV?
- No. You must attach details of all relevant courses along with copies of your trade certificate and other relevant certificates.
- This will make you a more desirable candidate, and it simplifies the application process.
- We also ask that you include the names and contact details of two referees in executive positions.
Do I have to provide proof of past experience?
- Yes. We need it to verify your CV when enrolling you on courses / apprenticeship tests.
When will I hear back about my application?
- We continually review the applications we receive and will get back to you if we have a vacancy that may be suitable for your qualifications.
- We regret that we are unable to respond to all enquiries due to the high number of applications we receive. We thank you for your understanding.
How do I contact Beerenberg if I can't find answers to my questions in the Q&A?
- Please send an email to email@example.com. Please note that we are currently receiving a high volume of enquiries. Combined with reduced staffing levels, it may therefore take some time before we are able to reply.